Hi, I’m Kareena, the domestic fangirl.
I started this blog because I kept looking for a place for nerdy recipes and cute DIY crafts that involved my favorite books and shows. Even most of the book review blogs I found weren’t focused on books I would actually read.
So when Chris and I moved after we graduated from college, I quit my job and took the plunge!
Chris and I met in high school but we didn’t start dating until college. Our first date he made me pizza and we watched the Big Bang Theory. Our first kiss was on his couch while watching Star Wars Robot Chicken, and that’s probably tells you a lot more about our relationship than anything else could!
We got married pretty quick, finished school, (or so we thought) bought a house, and did what we thought adults were supposed to do.
David Bowie soon joined us from a local shelter and he’s definitely the perfect addition to our family.
Six months later we decided Bowie needed a friend and Freddie Mercury joined the family! We got lucky and they’ve become fast friends.
Chris a total fanboy so it makes life much easier for me. Every year we’ve been married we go to Anime Banzai (an anime convention). In 2016 Chris went as Hayao Miyazaki and I went as Totoro from Studio Ghibli. We spend our date nights watching shows and making food together.
Currently we’re in transition. Chris lost his job and it really sparked us both with the realization that we’re not ready to settle down and start a family yet. We both have decided to go back to school and get graduate degrees so that’s our next step! Chris has since found a new job and we’re both actively applying to grad school.
Books I love: Harry Potter, The Lunar Chronicles, The Selection, Starbound, The Illuminae Files, Tiger’s Saga, Fire and Thorns, The Immortal Rules, His Fair Assassin, and the All Souls Trilogy. I could go on forever, but you get the idea. Check out my Goodreads page for more. (Coming soon.)
Shows/Fandoms: Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek, Downton Abbey, Friends, NCIS, Parks and Rec, and more!
I also enjoy anime and manga, but more on that later.
11 Random Facts About Me
1. I didn’t read Harry Potter until I was eighteen.
2. The first fandom I got into was Star Trek. My dad loves the movies and so as a kid we would watch them together.
3. I have an English degree with a minor in creative writing. The thought of teaching scares me to death, almost as much as publishing a novel. I’d much rather read a book than teach someone about it or write one. I’m currently applying to grad school for a Masters in Library Science.
4. I love YA book crates! I wish I could afford more of them, because I love getting them and the surprise of opening them and reading a new book.
5. The book that got me to fall in love with reading is A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett.
6. My favorite thing to do in the entire world is read in bed with Chris while Bowie and Freddie snuggle between us.
7. I have never lived more than 20 miles away from where I was born. I definitely want to change that after grad school.
8. I know how to give a foot zone, but I’m not certified. Feet don’t really gross me out unless they’re not taken care of.
9. The first manga I ever read was Fruits Basket. I read it religiously and babysat to earn money to buy it. I own the whole series and I’m thinking I need the new versions that are coming out… It’s just reprint but the new covers are so pretty! I’ve got the first few collectors editions and I am not regretting it!
10. I like baking a lot more than cooking. Chris is the opposite, so it works out well, unless I try something new and start minor fires. I’ve got a pretty constellation of scars on my right wrist from putting out an oil fire.
11. My favorite clothing store is Hot Topic. The closest one is about a half hour away and I go a lot more often than I should.
Have fun exploring my blog! If you have any books you want me to review, feel free to send them to me in the contact me form.